Friday, August 08, 2008

Stormy weather.

Finally it's Friday night and I have to say today was a welcome change of pace from an otherwise stressful and tiring week. Some sad news from the death of a friend's mother, to an end result that I had hoped upon hope would not eventuate. But in the mix of the week that was, was good news of health and well being, and a couple of Birthday celebrations thrown in to for good measure. So today was a true breath of fresh air where I actually felt as though I was in a happy place. I wish the same were true for a couple of the people I love in my life. Dealing with the realities of life is so often such a painful experience. So many things are beyond our control, the death of family members, friends, loved ones just for one example. But so much of the things we experience in our lives are as a direct result of the decisions we make for ourselves at the time. I guess we are all trying to make the best decisions we can for the rest of our lives.

You never know what is around the corner. If anything, over this past year or two I've learned, it's that one fact. You just never know. Life is such a precious thing. You better be making the best you can of what you have, because you never know when things will change. A bad decision, passing up the opportunity of a lifetime, making the most of each and every day, could all be the last chance you get to make the best of your life. Sometimes it's inexperience, sometimes it's fear - but whatever it is, you need to think clearly about what you want from your life and follow your heart. I know a few people right about now who are looking at their past and wondering what the hell went wrong. Given you can't change the past, all that is important is what you do with the future. As a friend, all you can do is just be there for the support when it's needed..... And I'm there.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home