Sunday, August 03, 2008

The morning after.

It was a very pleasant night last night with Paul & Linden joining me for dinner and some down time for all concerned. It was just nice to sit and talk and actually really good to cook a meal for friends for a change. Hopefully there will be a lot more of that in the future for all of us. I was carried away for several hours just listening to Paul play guitar and sing. "Nice" isn't really a word I use all that often in serious conversation, but this was just Nice. Parting was a little emotional but whatever the future holds for him I know he will be OK. He's an incredible young man of whom I am proud to call my friend.

And so today for me started somewhat early, waking around 4:00 a.m. and unable to go back to sleep, thinking (as one does) about everything that seems to be going on around me at the moment. I got up and started on Mel's Circle Journal with all good intentions of going back to bed to get more sleep. However as it turned out by the time the sun rose I was just putting the finishing touches to the pages, so there went any likelihood of me going back to sleep. So here are the photos.







The germs still linger but at least the experience of the raw sore throat first thing in the morning has abandoned me. Can't say I miss that one. Now just the heavy head, sore eyes, sneezing, coughing and blocked ears and nose to get rid of.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like you need some serious TLC Hun, your CJ page is stunning and I cannot wait to see it IRL....I will forgive you for making it thick and Dimensional.LOL.Hugs to you and hoping that nasty head cold nicks off real soon.

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home