Friday, August 01, 2008

Death warmed up...

It's a funny saying really but I think today I epitomise it. After waking up the past few mornings with a rather nasty sore throat, today is the day where everything is falling apart. Head cold, sneezing, aches and pains, blocked ears, sore eyes.... yeah you know how it feels. Want nothing more than to crawl back into bed and just die quietly in peace. To add insult to injury the fire went out last night and it's not exactly warm this morning.... But no doubt I'll survive. Will make a concentrated effort to drink lots of fluids (preferably non alcoholic..... :-) ) and perhaps a little scrapbooking might be relaxing.

I received Mel's Circle Journal in the mail this week and it's absolutely gorgeous. Given she wants to keep a similar colour theme happening, I found the perfect papers. Actually they are so pretty I will have to order some more for myself, but given I still haven't spent my birthday gift vouchers, that won't be a problem. I'm looking forward to seeing the other journals as they come through as well. They will certainly all be very cherished items to add to our collections in the end.

Chatting with a new friend on Facebook today before he headed off to get ready for work and the comment came up that all good things come to those who wait. Knowing some history as he does, it was rather nice to have a positive reaction to where life is presently taking me. It's true what they say about Friendships - they do come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. The events of recent months have been evidence of that, and the fact that I can look back at that time regardless of the unpleasant things and still view it all as a very positive impact tells me things are going where they are meant to and it will all be OK.

P.S..... Given this weekend involves the beginning of some monumental changes in people's lives, I thought it appropriate to make a new selection from the music archives. Please yourself whether you call it "When She's Not With Me" or "When He's Not With Me". Either way the emotions and the sentiments are the same......

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sending hugs & best wishes for a speedy recovery :) Get better real soon.

8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home