Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

I had all good intentions of posting yesterday because I wanted to add a link to The Claus Chronicles blog - check it out!!!! but had too many bits and pieces to finish off in time for this morning..... Well it's here. Another Christmas. And after sitting watching carols with Lakeisha last night and missing Shane terribly I realised just how lucky I am to be where I am right now with two people who love me so much and a wonderful future to look forward to.

An early morning call from Shane brightened my spirits a great deal. I wasn't expecting that but was very grateful for the sound of his voice. God I love that voice. Lakeisha, after saying she would be up early, was still sound asleep when I went in and jumped on her bed at 9:00 a.m. but now she has opened some presents... Well those left by Santa anyway.... Yeah well it was a sudden urge on her part to relive childhood and so out came the old sack that used to hold all the gifts when she was a child and what she had forgotten until I reminded her yesterday was that it was also the sack I left out for Santa when I was a child. It's a pillow case with a large Santa printed on the front. I had to laugh at her comment that she remembered it being much larger than it is now LOL. I did tell her Santa had brought some of the best gifts.... Top of the list being a David Strassman Ted E Bear (which hasn't actually arrived yet but the order confirmation was in a box so at least she knows it's coming) and a pair of Elmo slippers which were a big winner... Santa is just a legend when it comes to gift selection - lets face it!

Nothing too exciting planned for us today. The four of us, Mum, Dad, Lakeisha and I will have lunch, exchange gifts and then likely she and I will come home and watch a DVD or something together. We'll have dinner with Mum & Dad and I'll probably attempt some scrapbooking since I borrowed a printer to print off some new photos to play with. That's something I should have put on the list for Christmas - a new printer, since mine is not being at all co-operative. But then hopefully in the not too distant future another printer will be here so perhaps not.

I am looking forward to my week off and being able to spend some time scrapping but also a bit of time spent on a tidy up in the office where I do scrap. I'd like to set up a better storage system for everything and maybe even re-arrange things a little so there is more room. We'll see how that goes.

In the meantime if you are reading this I hope you've had a great Christmas with those you love. Never take for granted how important it is to be able to be with the people you care about at this time of year (or any other time for that matter). I don't know what it is about Christmas, but it just makes me more aware of the love of family and friends than any other time of the year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home