Sunday, December 23, 2007

In the Festive spirit

The ghost of Christmas past seems to have left. I am actually looking forward to the day despite it promising to be a pretty quiet mundane affair.

As I was heading down the stairs to make a cup of tea this morning, I stopped in my tracks to admire our beautiful tree. I say beautiful not in a bragging sense, but I realised this morning that it is mostly beautiful because it has been "crafted" with love over many Christmases with the careful selection of decorations that have appealed to me on my various Christmas shopping expeditions in the past 7 years, it has been decorated by Lakeisha and I ever since we moved in to this wonderful home in 2000, and it has withstood some of the best and worst memories of our lives here. So I turned around and grabbed the camera in an effort to snap a photo that would keep that memory alive, given I've been somewhat disappointed in the photos I've managed to take of it this year... perhaps it was the sentiment or maybe the light was right this time, but something was working in my favour..... Still not quite the perfect shot I was looking for but a vast improvement on previous efforts.


Although I was tempted to brave the crowds for a look in the stores today I'm not sure I can be bothered with the rush. Perhaps Boxing Day. Although I may avoid the JB Hi Fi store. They may still have me on file after last year. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home