Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Already?????

When someone said the other day that it was only 12 weeks until Christmas I almost had a heart attack. And now it's just over 11 weeks, and I'm sorry but I'm just NOT really ready for Christmas yet.... Where did the year go? Lakeisha informs me there is only 3 weeks left of school, then exams, and then she's off in the wide world to be a big person... and I'm asking myself where the hell did those 17.5 years go as well? Clearly there are time gremlins amongst us. They remind me of those silk worms we all used to be fascinated with a lifetime ago - they just sit there and chew and chew and chew only these little bug(gar)s are eating time not mulberry leaves.

And so with thoughts of Christmas on my mind (some of them not really thoughts, more like waking nightmares....) I decided to undertake the unenviable task of making my own Christmas Cards this year. And while I've probably at least managed to start early enough this year that they will actually get finished and mailed out... I may have created a monster in terms of being only slightly addicted to the process. Seriously, if there was a way to make money out doing this stuff I'd be there! And so here are my creations so far. All of them are on transparencies which gives them an interesting suspended window looking effect that appeals to me very much at the moment. I haven't put the backs on them yet, but I'd like to get all the front designs done first. Measuring, cutting and sticking down the backing sheets is the easy part.



















And then of course there was the near tragedy of the week... Lakeisha losing her mobile phone for a whole 2 days. The question needs to be asked - why would someone put their mobile phone in their pillow case? Who knows. But life as we know it is back to normal thankfully with said phone finally located, hugged and adored. I suspect a texting frenzy took place on the bus on the way to school this morning. Withdrawal is such a terrible thing....

For me, though, the week has been an interesting mix of old and new. The re-connecting with some old friends has brought with it some really nice conversations and an interesting sense of how the impact of past relationships and their demise has been perceived by others. The other interesting connection has been the contact from Shane's family. Family is such an important thing to me. And as my partner, I feel that his family is important to me as well. From the contact I have had with some of them so far, I am looking forward to getting to know them better and am very happy they are making the effort to get to know me as well. But I also can't help but get an interesting sense of how the impact of past relationships and their demise has been perceived by others.... So it's been interesting, and despite thoughts, across the board of the old and new scenarios, that some friendships were now lost beyond repair and some things would never be forgiven - that would appear not to be the case. And it just goes to show you shouldn't assume ANYTHING in life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I lurve the 4th,5th and 7th card down...absolute gorgeousness Hun.

12:35 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

OOOPS on the left hand side....LOL

12:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home