Friday, June 13, 2008

An odd birthday

Well today is a very special birthday.... Yep - Friday the 13th 1998 was the day I had my hip replacement. I can scarcely believe it was 10 years ago, although when I think about it - it seems like a lifetime ago. So much has happened in that 10 years.


Pretty isn't it. Well maybe "pretty" isn't quite the right word, but it's been pretty damn helpful to me. It's enabled me to live a relatively normal life, having not had a pain free day in 2.5 years prior to having the surgery I have now been pain free with the hip for over 9 years. With thanks to the lovely Rick Angliss my brilliant surgeon - who out of interest is son/brother of the mother/daughter team of Dalmation breeders from a few years ago (for those dog show enthusiasts who still wonder what the hell I'm doing these days!!!) What an amazing man who to this day still remembers the date he did that surgery. Might have had something to do with my reaction to his phone call booking me in along the lines of "You've got to be joking - Friday the 13th - you are kidding me - right????" He wasn't. And he changed my life - literally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I always thought you were a "Pretty Hip Chick", hahaha.
Hey at least I amuse myself :)
Happy Birthday Hippie

11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home