Monday, May 19, 2008

The art of Smiling!

Well that's something that should be coming a lot more naturally in the not so distant future. Given I spent over an hour with my new adopted dentist today and have several more appointments scheduled with him over the next couple of months. I can't say dentists fall amongst my preferred group of people to spend time with but I guess if the end result is as promised and the rewards are as good as they sound, I won't regret it. 3 Root Canal fillings started today - now if that doesn't make you go OWWWWW and squint I don't know what will. But so far so good. It took a "bit" of courage to get me through the door - for those of you who know my history with dentists - hospital visits - subsequent hip replacements - you will of course sympathise. Those who don't - trust me - it took a hell of a lot of encouragement to get me through the door......

Aside from those old fears, there are one or two others which are circling again. Those Sharks with their teeth so sharp, just waiting...... I have faith my friend.... I have love.... I have so much to give. It waits..... Patience.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Hey chook, I am still around and reading.Just haven't had the time to come for a little while.Hope to have some more time after the next couple of weeks are over.

6:12 pm  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Hi Maree, I know where you're coming from with the root canals - not pretty or fun to have I know, but worth it in the end. Don't foget 'SMILING' comes from within, and I you are one who shows that - KEEP SMILING.
Your friend in wine casks.

10:52 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey girlfriend.Hope everything is fine down your way.I am home finally

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home