Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy weekend.

Well it's been a busy week really. Haven't been anywhere on a holiday for ages and this morning I had my 3rd trip to the airport in as many weekends. This time it wasn't me winging it off into the wide blue yonder though. Lakeisha is off to Sydney this morning to compete in the Global Challenge for the Australian Business Week Final. The trip so far seems to have been disorganised chaos so hopefully those in charge are a bit more organised up there than they have been leading up to the event. I'm sure they will enjoy themselves regardless of the result.

Plane departed at 7:00 a.m. and everyone had arranged to meet at the airport at 6:00 which meant we were scheduled to leave home at 4:00 a.m! Avril starting singing "Girlfriend" at 3:15 a.m. for me (the mp3 file I use on my mobile for an alarm - suitably irritating enough to not let you sleep through it......). I headed for the shower, did make-up and was about to dry my hair when it occurred to me there was no noise downstairs. By this time it's after 3:40 I might add. My enquiry down the stairs - "Lakeisha are you up" was met after some time with "Shit...". Given my ability to understand the "Teenese" language, I read the english equivalent to that was no. Given how long it can take this girl to get ready at times - I thought we did well to get out the door by 4:17. At that hour it's always a pretty easy drive to the airport. We got there without speeding by 6:15. Of course last to arrive and they all headed off through the doors straight away. My first stop was coffee. My second stop was home and it was very tempting to just crawl back into bed at 8:30 in the morning! Here it is almost lunch time and it feels like late afternoon....

Instead of sleeping I decided to finish off the layout I've had half started on my desk this week. The photo is of course much clearer than the scan shows. This one entitled "Times Like These" and if I had had the room I think I would have included the Foo Fighters lyrics.... they would have been perfect.


Quite pleased with the way this one came up. The colours are nicer in real life. I couldn't give the scan more contrast because I lost too much detail in the photo.

So now as much as I would like to catch up on sleep - there was a Cyber Crop at Scrap Pile last night and I have some challenges to complete so I suppose I should make the effort to make a start on them while I have a relatively free day..... Hopefully more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home