Saturday, January 12, 2008

A time for change....

It struck me earlier today just how different life is about to become. Not just for the obvious impending changes but for the ones underlying that I sense are coming as well, not so obvious to some, although somewhat expected by others. There is little doubt there will be events over the coming weeks and months that will impact heavily - good and bad. And although there will be pain and sadness, there will also be great fulfillment and joy as well. I suppose as always, the key to "surviving" will be the ability to focus on those good parts, be supportive and just get through it all.

For my own life - day by day I feel a sense of reassurance and encouragement. I am grateful for once that time moves by quickly. Sometimes taking on a new role in life is easy, it seems to fit like a glove. That is where I am at now. I feel comfortable and at ease but not in a negative boring sense. Comfortable and at ease that it all just feels right somehow. I honestly don't know if it's a wisdom with age thing, or if I'm just at a point in my life where I feel just confident to go with whatever fate deals my way. But I do know that I've never been so relaxed or prepared to accept the fate as I am at this point. It's strangely calming.

I had hoped to complete a layout for Scrap Pile today, but instead focused on using up a few rather old bits and pieces that have been sitting unused for a very long time and create some cards. I never thought of myself as a card person, I think I've written about that before, but I really enjoy making these things from time to time. They are quick and fun and hopefully if they ever make it in the post at some point, and the recipients get half as much pleasure from receiving them as I did making them, then it will have indeed been well worth the effort.





Hopefully some scrapbooking to come tonight. Although I enjoyed the first week back to work, I have missed pushing paper around and creating pages. I still have so many photos to play around with.... and a lifetime of memories to preserve.

I was thinking today of how lucky I am, especially at two points in time. One was reading your post to Scrap Pile Kylie, about how tough 2007 has been, and the other was your comment Tracey, with all the pain in your life - past and present. These two beautiful ladies deserve so much happiness and I hope and pray you both will find it in 2008. I'll let you in on a little secret - on New Years Eve, when I toasted the New Year, there were instantly half a dozen things that crossed my mind and believe it or not, the two of you were included....... Isn't it incredible what online friendship can bring to your life...... I love you both!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Awwwwh your a doll !!!!!

10:01 am  
Blogger Debra said...

Hey Maree...i dont know why but for some reason found myself here...those cards are so beautiful.....You Are The Card Maker...love em :)

1:24 am  
Blogger Debra said...

Oh btw....my blog is not set up ...

1:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home