Saturday, January 05, 2008

Life, Love & Scrapbooking...

Well another week almost over and my time off almost to an end. I just can't believe it's almost 2 weeks gone but there you have it. It's been a nice relaxing break, filled with some drama, but mostly a time to recharge and look at everything through some refreshed eyes. Hopefully the next few weeks will bring some professional and personal changes that see 2008 taking a slightly different course.

I finished a layout last night for Scrap Pile's Design Team projects. When I went to bed I wasn't completely happy with it. I woke up this morning and thought - NAH - and pulled a few things off, put a few extra things on and so now we have this......



Entitled "Cute And..." it was inspired by the rub-on "Knowledge Is Key". The pic of course is of Lakeisha & FLF (Furry Little Friend for those not in the know), and given there is a rather large push on at the moment for the purchase of a Wii, I notice reinforcements are being employed in the tactics - not the least of which includes our dear friend FL. Hence the "Cute And Not Afraid To Use It" title of the layout. They have the knowledge - they are using it.... LOL

I've never really been afraid of getting older. I think the wonderful thing about getting older is experience. It's not something you appreciate when you are young, but probably the one thing you come to rely on as you venture on down the path of life later. Experience and maturity tell you lots of things at lots of times. One of the things I am grateful for in my experience & maturity drawer is patience, and the ability to identify when and how to employ it. You learn that the things worth having are the things you work hardest for and that if you were meant to have them you will. I have a peaceful feeling of acceptance in all of life now. I am slowly recognising those things I can and can't change, I understand the difference between the things I need vs the things I want, and I know that the most important thing is to just be happy with what you have. And I have so much......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home