Saturday, October 13, 2007

Blogging Badly

Well maybe not badly - just not blogging.... There are times when I want to write and really don't know what to say. Partly because I feel confused about what to write. Sometimes because I feel I don't have the right to write. And partly because some of the subjects or day's events have just simply been too painful to put down.

This past week for me has been interesting to say the least and what I have been left with is a real sense of empowerment and enlightenment. And for the first time I was left with the overwhelming desire to cast aside certain concerns and feel free to demonstrate and embrace those things that are most important to me.

Yesterday we achieved a great goal for the radio station in that we participated in an OB (outdoor/offsite broadcast) for a Youth Expo locally which showcased the different opportunities for youths in the area, everything from employment opportunities to hobbies & sports. And while the day was incredibly successful all round, the one thing which highlighted the event for me was the further insight to a special man who just goes beyond any expectations I ever have no matter what he undertakes to assist me with.

Shane you just never cease to amaze me, the talent, the intelligence, the compassion and the love. You spent 7 hours on air, your interviews were incredible, your enthusiasm never wained, your humour as always was there right to the end and even when others walked away, you were there to support me right to the very last moment. I could not have done this thing without you and I was in awe that you would be prepared to support me without one single word of complaint despite the experience being both physically draining and painful. You are truly the most unique human being it has ever been my pleasure to know and love.

Here are a few photos and funnies from the past month.....


"BOOFCHEESE"

"HIM"


Lakeisha doing her radio show.

BC & FLF
aka Furry Little Friend
(remind you of anyone?)

BC at Culture
Sarah & Lakeisha


Oh he is sooooo going to hate me for this......
Don't worry dear one - the rest of us needed better lighting by this late stage of the day as well... You look fine to me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMMMMMMM.... my people will be in contact with your people

6:39 pm  
Blogger Maree said...

LOL Get your Manager to contact me. She doesn't scare me!

7:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home