Friday, October 05, 2007

Patience

It's true what they say - Patience is a virtue. It's just a pity I don't have as much of it as I would like. Although I am very proud of the fact that I am a lot more patient these days than I used to be. But I think it's because I have finally come to the conclusion that stressing out over the fact that things aren't happening at the pace you want them to is just a waste of time and energy. Things come to you when they are meant to and if they are meant to. And if they don't there is always a reason for it. Maybe not a reason you will (now or ever) understand, but there IS indeed a reason in the grand scheme of things and we are better off accepting it than fighting it.

At the moment I am trying so hard to be patient. Trying to keep focused on the things I want. Trying to keep a positive frame of mind. Trying not to let those backward steps on the path to the future discourage me. It's damned hard. Sometimes I get down and think it's impossible. But I keep reminding myself that I have the courage and the will to keep moving forward no matter what life throws in my path. When I look at the cluttered mess that I have already stepped over and risen above, I can not do anything but look to the future with a sense of optimism, a passion for living life to the full extent, and an overwhelming desire to never relive the negatives of the past. So that patience as much as it may be frustrating and at times lacking, I know will deliver me to a better place eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home