Saturday, September 29, 2007

Updates & News

This morning I updated the 3 Slide shows, both with the new Layouts and removing a few oldies, plus I added some new photos to the photo slideshow.

While I was waiting for images to upload, I've been thinking about the past week and how interesting it has been from so many angles. One of the huge things for the week was setting in place the new transmission gear for the radio station. We are poised to do some pretty exciting things, all hinging on official approval and promised funds. But I think with any luck we'll manage to get through and achieve the goal that I have been working towards for the past 9-10 months. I am really proud to have been a part of it's growth and as I said to a couple of people this past couple of weeks, even if I still have to leave, I at least can do so with the satisfaction that I am leaving it better than I found it.

We also have the computer system up and running to record the programs with which is fantastic. It means I can download to a cd a decent copy of any given program. I'm not sure some of the announcers are going to be so thrilled when they get to hear their show back - heck I may be one of them!!!! but it's a step in the right direction to getting everything to a professional standard that encourages others, both announcers and sponsors, to be a part of it.

I was also thinking this morning - to hell with those who continue to either drag the chain or withhold their support and assistance. If I have to do this thing on my knees all alone, I will see it through and I'll be damned if I am going to let them beat me - physically or mentally. These days I know I'm better than that, stronger than that, and I know that I have the support of the important people - those being the people who are important to me. As for the rest, it matters not whether they approve, help, support or even participate. I am so over people playing mind games and it just makes me laugh that some men think because you are a woman and single that you must automatically be "available" in some fashion (not to mention desperate). It may surprise them that I don't actually think of myself as available OR desperate. Whatever the petty reasons some continue to treat me with disrespect both professionally and personally, in the grand scale of things they are only worthy of my friendship if they are really my friends. And if they were really my friends, they would not let me down in the first place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home