Sunday, June 17, 2007

Is It Really Worth The Effort?

People are such funny things really. Just when I think I have them worked out, stuff happens, comments are made, and I feel like I'm back to square one. You can share the best of times and yet things can turn to crap in an instant. You end up asking yourself is it really worth the effort.

A few blogs back I quoted an email I had received from The Daily Om about focusing on the positive. As much as I try to do that in every aspect of my life - that pond of reality sometimes has a whirlpool in the middle of it that just drags you down to the depths below. You realise that no matter how much you put into something, it's a no win situation. Someone always seems to lose. No matter how hard I try, somehow it never seems to be enough. This is the lesson I've been "taught" over and over. It's like a never ending cycle that is so very hard to break.

After spending what could only be described as a next to perfect day, night falls and I'm back swimming with the sharks yet again. Not even a new CD can save me from the teeth tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home