Saturday, June 02, 2007

Dedication

So often I am inspired by the dedication of others, both professionally and personally. But this past week I have been touched so many times by the absolute expression of kindness and thoughtful reassurance that has been shown to me. Sometimes life's twists and turns place you in positions you would prefer not to be, but taking into account all the pros and cons, it's the only situation you can be in at that moment. And despite the difficulties that may be present, when such pure consideration elevates you to a level of extreme priority and reassures you that your decision was sound, you have to appreciate and acknowledge the heartfelt effort that has been the driving force behind it.

My life has been such a cycle of what is best described as destructive and character building all at the same time. While it's made me who I am, and don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with who I am today, at the same time it's left me feeling a sense of how much I have missed in my life, how little I've lived, really lived, not just existed, and also the realisation that it really wasn't so difficult to have done it better right from the start. I guess it's a sense of loss I feel now. That saying "You don't know what you've got until it's gone" - there is of course the other angle to that - How can you know what you are missing until you experience it?

No matter how old we get, I guess we still learn something new every day. I do know one thing though. The importance of the lesson isn't to look back and regret the past - it's to move on and use it to enjoy the future....

Damn I love this piece of music at the moment.... If you are reading this later and want to listen but the music has changed - see the "Inspirational" post for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home