Saturday, April 21, 2007

Surprises

Sometimes I like surprises, sometimes I don't. If they are good ones, then bring it on. There were plenty of those today.

I actually got some sleep - that was a surprise. Despite the fact that I woke up at 2:30 this morning thinking about the damn breakfast show. I'm looking forward to developing some new things and I am actually looking forward to the breakfast show. I'll fill you in on the details as they develop but it looks as though Shane & I will be doing Monday mornings, Bob & I will be doing Thursday & Friday mornings and I just have to find someone/s to do Tuesday & Wednesday with me. I think this will be lots of fun actually. hmmmmm Well that is all except the slight problem of starting work at 6:00 a.m. Reality means that I will have to be in there around 5:30 in order to buy a newspaper and actually pre-record the weather. And unfortunately that means the alarm clock will be going off somewhere around 4:30 a.m........... eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Anyway I managed to go back to bed and get some more sleep at about 4:00 a.m. after I had made a few notes etc. And then surprise number 2 came when I woke up and it was almost 9:00 a.m. - given I was planning on being IN Geelong by 9 - that wasn't such a good thing. But when I finally did get there, I managed to pick up a neat little outdoor setting for the OtwayFM Fundraiser raffle.

And then on the way home from Geelong I received a phone call that lifted my spirits to no end. Good surprise. I had the strangest moment today - at one point I was wandering through JB Hi Fi and all of a sudden I was overcome with some pretty strange emotional wave. I blame hormones of course.

Hopefully we'll make a bit of money out of the raffle - especially thanks to Majella who has given out a whole pile of raffle tickets tonight at her "shed night". I printed up some covers to make little books of tickets. Look out everyone - I'll be pestering you to buy some as well! While I was dropping off the tickets at the shed, it was great to catch up with Don Fisher again. He's a funny guy and great entertainment, and it was neat that he remembered me still. In those days when I used to dine at Cafe Nu Deli every Friday night - Don was a regular entertainer there and that's how we got to know him. I hadn't realised Majella had him out there to play, and I was going to go back there tonight, but after dropping in for a chat with neighbor Rob (and he says I CAN TALK... LOL) and getting home and finally having dinner somewhat late - I'm just too tired to make the effort to go back to the shed. Yeah slack I know.

And then to top it off tonight I had a chat on msn with Kylie who showed me the lovely layout she had created with that paper kit I designed and shared with you last Monday.


Kylie - I absolutely love it. Well done!

I'd like to say I'm having an early night but I'm simply not game for that. I think I'll just find something to keep me occupied for a little while longer.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog, it was really outstanding. I only wish my posts were as informative.

regards
Piro @ www.clickonsend.com for free unlimited file and image hosting

7:21 am  
Blogger Kylie said...

Thanks Maree, This layout looks great because of your pp and embellies. I've just finally updated my blog and of course I had to put them on there too.....Thanks again Maree. We made a great team....hehehe

3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home