Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Those Eyes....


I was told today I had "piercing eyes". They obviously speak a language of their own that I've not heard. They're just my eyes. They see and reflect the world I live in, the places I go and the people I meet. They've been fortunate enough to see great kindness, passion, love and beauty. They've unfortunately also witnessed cruelty, injustice and pain. But ultimately they are just my eyes. I'll grant you, they have character - but they're just my eyes.
I've learned a lot of things in my almost 46 years on the planet this time around. Some of the lesson's I've learned have been recent. One of the most important things I've learned recently is that life can deal you the most difficult hand of cards to play with. You can be thinking everything is fine one moment, and almost as a slap on the wrist for taking things for granted, you can be dealt a blow that brings you back to earth and makes you re-think every aspect of your being. Your choice can be limited to living in fear of recurrance, but in reality you can actually take hold of your life with both hands and steering it in the direction towards happiness and fulfillment. Personally I'm so sick and tired of living in that fear. Fear of failure, fear of mortality, fear of being hurt, fear of hurting others. In the process of repressing the fear, I've failed to live. I've failed miserably at happiness and I'm damn sure I've failed at fulfillment.
In an effort to fulfill that "2007 is a new year of new beginnings" thing, I know that I don't want to spend the rest of my life not exploring the experiences that life occasionally presents to me, reminding myself that everything happens for a reason, and understanding that by not "living" I will spend the rest of my dreary life asking myself the question of "What If". It's simply something I don't want to do any more.....
Live. Love. Laugh. Be Happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home