Saturday, February 17, 2007

Liberating Moments

Given I realised I had some 5000 emails sitting in my inbox, I thought I should probably have a bit of a clean-up. I was inspired though to keep this one which I thought shared some pretty simple advice.....

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


I love it.

Liberating moment #2 - I finally took all those bags of stuff to the Salvos on Friday morning. Sitting here for too many weeks and me pretending they were invisible I guess. But they are gone and I was ready to let it all go. I drove away without one ounce of a "pang" so I think that says an awful lot about where I'm at now on that side of things. Even Lakeisha passed some comment as we loaded it all in the car about how she wondered when I was going to get rid of it all.... She's such a wise wee thing - and I hate a smartass LOL

Liberating moment #3 came from a somewhat unusual source..... A rather unexpected email from absolutely the least likely person you could possibly imagine (well least likely person I COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE....), in support of our plight. I'm pleased to see that you have finally found yourself in the forgiving state we ALL need to be in order to move on and live our lives. All the bitterness involved with ending relationships just destroys our spirit and our lives. I learned a while ago that holding onto the hurt and anger never achieves the result of hurting the person who hurt us. It just eats you away, erodes your soul and makes you unhappy - day in - day out. I now try to get through the hurt and anger and get to the forgiveness stage as quickly as possible. Doesn't mean I have let the person off for any wrongdoing - it just means I can get back to being me as quickly as possible. It's the best place for ME to be.

I still have the financial issues to deal with, and that in itself gets overwhelming at the most inappropriate and unfortunate times sometimes (sorry Bob..... and thanks for being there) But I know I have the support of my family, loved ones and friends, and so I know I'll get there eventually. Falling into the various mineshafts of fear have been a fairly regular occurance lately, but I think I'll take that very good advice passed along to me last Thursday - just curl up in a ball and let it pass until you feel up to looking for the ladder to get out - it beats stressing about being there. So true. How did that serenity prayer go???? -

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.......

By the way - there are now 3822 emails left in the inbox so I still have a little way to go on that task....

cheers
Maree

1 Comments:

Blogger Terri B said...

Hi Darlin,

It was nice to catch up a bit with your life. Considering our paths rarely cross these days due to our busy lives.

I think of you both often & wonder how things are...I am glad to read that you are working through your frustration/anger etc...it is better to get bgack to being just simply YOU!

Chat soon

xoxo

11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home