Monday, January 01, 2007

Overwhelmed

It was my decision to pass this blog site along to the "dog showing fraternity" owing to a phone call from a friend who said they had been approached by someone who started the conversation with "Have I got some gossip for you".

To be frank - the whole Grape Vine thing within the Dog World is the one thing that turns me off dog showing. But then of course there have always been SOME really fantastic people who honestly I have missed terribly in the time I've been not so involved in showing. I know that most of you know who you are and unfortunately of late I've been remiss of keeping in touch.

But given yesterday after posting the address to this blog there were 337 visitors and today there have been 118 visitors - it kind of just goes to show how curious those wee doggy people are........

That said - I have to say I've been overwhelmed by the number of emails I've received in response to all of this. I never for one second posted the email seeking support or sympathy. It's just after some 30 years of showing dogs, I know how the rumour mill works - and frankly these days I would prefer to be the first to spread my own rumours about my life instead of having people of questionable integrity being the "authorities" on what is going on in my life. Frankly there isn't anyout out there who knows better what is happening in my life than me - here you find the most reputable "authority" on the subject. I'm not really into embellishment these days unless it's on a scrapbooking page. I tend to prefer harsh cold truth and honesty. Hence why I suggested people come here to find the facts instead of relying on that Grape Vine.

Thank you to everyone who emailed. I will endeavour to get back to you all personally. I've just been a little pre-occupied with surviving the New Year and facing the rest of my life without the person I had planned to spend the rest of my life with. I wish I could be harder and stronger, but right at the moment it just isn't happening for me. I know it will...... eventually.... but it's going to take time. I need to be bitten by the reality bug a little harder yet I think in order to stop thinking in "Perth" time, in order to stop Murray being the last thing I think about before I go to sleep and the first thing I think about when I wake up, in order to just be able to function and not sit here wondering WHY. There's the hardest one. WHY.

Anyway, I have some work to do, but as a footnote - Kylie - I don't have your email, so if you know my prefix, you will have the website address to find my contact details. Please email me directly as your message has no contact details and I would love to hear from you.....

Happy New Year....

luv
Maree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home