Saturday, January 27, 2007

Another day - another.......

Well I'm happy to report that we did finally confirm those payments towards the bills. $1,000 to the business and $500 in interest only to Mum & Dad - that said it only paid the interest up to December.... but something is better than nothing for them. And I guess in terms of the business - $1,000 down and $29,000 to go. I'm still trying desperately to sell the rest of the equipment that's sitting here but not having much success at this point. Perseverance I tell myself. I have given up just sitting here with my fingers crossed hoping that Murray does the right thing by EVERYONE and sells the vehicle he took with him.... chance of that? Well I guess we'll see but I've never known him to put himself out for anyone else before so I don't like our chances.

But I've decided I really want to have my blogs reflect the positive part of my life as I'm happy to report THERE IS A POSITIVE PART these days. I am so enjoying the work I am doing for Otway FM. I guess a big part of it is that I've been able to work from home and not have to spend so much time with people throughout this hellhole experience. Time to lick my wounds, but at the same time keep myself busy and not have as much time to sit and think about where I am and what I face. That said, the few people that I have worked with over the past month have absolutely been my rocks of encouragement to keep going. I've made some new friends who at all times when I'm with them make life worth living and make me feel good about who I am and what I do. It's been such a long time since I've actually felt this good about myself. I guess especially to Bob & Shane & Tell & Noel who in such a short space of time have become such an essential part of my week. The conversations we've had, the fact that you make me laugh, not only at life, but at myself.

And Shane I'd have to say that people come into your life for a reason. There have already been moments in my life that I have met people who have for whatever reason had such an immense impact on me. I can count you amongst those now as well. In such a short time you have made me realise there is so much more to me that I've almost forgotten. I realised this week that I've been living a life that is just so NOT me now for 11 years, with only glimpses of Me showing through now and then. But at the end of the day, I am not sure how this past month would have passed without any one of you. They say timing is everything and the timing for this was incredible.

And in speaking of the radio station - yesterday for the Australia Day celebrations we had our first major fund raiser for the year. Get Out Of Jail day in conjunction with the Colac Otway Shire's official celebration. We locked up 7 local identities in a "cage" in the memorial square and they had to phone friends and work collegues in order to raise their bail and in doing so raising sponsorship for the station. How incredible that they ended up securing over $5,000 in pledges. What an amazing and generous community we live in. Most of my work was done behind the scenes preparing everything needed for the day but it was amusing to watch some of the antics and I hope there will be lots of photos to post on the website shortly.

On the subject of the site - it's partially up and running at www.otwayfm.com but still very much under construction as I slowly get photos and info of all the crew there.

Scrapbooking seems to have taken a bit of a back seat yet again.... seems the normal thing lately, but I plan to get back to it shortly. I have however done 3 new ones since my last blog.

Only in my dreams was a layout I did for a challenge at Scrap Pile Cyber Crop - Dotty but beyond dotty paper so I opted for cutting a piece of the photo and creating the dots out of that.

"Still together" was for my challenge being an antique theme using some specific items and techniques to scrap a b/w photo. The photo I used was of my mum & dad's wedding - since they are coming up to their 52nd wedding anniversary...... how incredible is that?

And last but not least is my January Design Team Layout called "Always My Girl" of a picture of Lakeisha and I on one of her kindergarten outings - this time a picnic to Camperdown way back in 1995.

I do have one other layout but I can't share it until February 1st as it's my February Design Team layout - which sadly is the first one I've finished WAY ahead of time and I was so pleased with it that it's been burning a hole in my pocket..... errrrr album....... now for about 2 weeks!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

cheers

Maree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home