Thursday, November 25, 2010

The worst day

I think today ranks up there with the worst day I can remember for so many reasons.

We lost our dear dad on Sunday. He was just 7 weeks short of his 87th Birthday.

Today was his funeral. I can't even begin to describe this day and I'm not even sure I want to. Although if there is anything positive to find in all this sadness, it's that even after being out of the public eye for many years, it was so nice to see so many people who remembered him and came up to say how he had touched their lives. And the incredible eulogy written and delivered by Shane was such a touching part of the service.

I'm pretty sure we did Dad proud and I am certainly proud of my gorgeous man and loving daughter for whom I give thanks every single day of my life.

RIP Dad. We love you always.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Maree. Hugs to you.

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home