Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's been a long week

This past week or so has been such an emotional and physical roller coaster. I barely dragged myself into Friday night and have probably never been so ready for a weekend in a long time.

It of course started with the long wait after Shane's biopsy for the results which thankfully were good results, but it made me ever so aware of how you mentally and physically prepare yourself for the worst even though it's not such a conscious thing. Since receiving those "it's not cancer" words, my body has released itself from the fine knot it had tied itself in and left me feeling like I just spent a week moving house or training for an Olympic marathon. You just don't realise how tense you get.

That said, there are still a number of things we need to do to ensure he stays as healthy as possible and so they are now such a priority!! The thought of not having this man in my life is more than I could bare and I would move heaven and earth to make sure his health and well being stay on a positive keel.

And if that wasn't enough excitement for the week, then there were the employment games - you have a job - you don't have a job...... I think of all the things I could say I actually HATE (and there aren't many things I could really say I hate) liars would probably be my number one pick. And to have someone you once respected both professionally and personally sit there opposite you at a table and look you in the eye and lie - well I have to say, the emotions and disgust that rolled through my head at that moment made me feel physically sick to my stomach. And all just to cover his own ass because he knew he had overstepped the mark and made a decision that wasn't his to make.

I know that Shane constantly reminds me that the world isn't all good and people don't automatically recognise your contribution or your worth, and that you have to stand up and be counted if that's what you really want. I'm glad this time I made the decision that was best for me. I hope it's not one I regret from the stupidity and thoughtlessness of others. We'll see I guess.

In the world of scrapbooking there was some exciting news for me. The layout I did for the Scrap Therapy Cyber Crop won the Sketch Challenge! It was wonderful but I was also pleased because I really do love that layout. It appeals to me a great deal and possibly also because I also love the photo. I did do some scrapping this weekend, although not as much as I had hoped. I got 5 cards (all the same design) finished for a card swap with an Easter theme. Really pleased with these cards and I managed to use up some old paper that I truly thought would never find a project. It was one of the very first patterned papers I ever bought - yes THAT old... But it was perfect for this project.


After a reasonably relaxing weekend that we surely needed, we did take a bit of time out in the sunshine today to fly kites with Lakeisha and Justin who came down for the weekend. Kite flying is such an underrated pastime. I love it - albeit sometimes frustrating when the wind dies (which seems to invariably happen by the time you get yourself and your kite out to the open spaces). But we all had a great time and forgot about the rest of the world for a little while. And of course - there are photos!


Back to the real world tomorrow, although I do think "this" life is the real world and it's that other time spent elsewhere which is the place of surreal existence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that is such fantastic news about Shane. So happy for both of you. I can only just imagine how releived you must be!

Sorry to hear about all the work hassles you're going through - very difficult to deal with people like that isn't it?

And just love your kite flying pics - looks like the perfect way to spend a weekend!

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home