Saturday, February 13, 2010

More contributions

It's been an interesting week or two with so many things happening. But I've managed to get a little scrapbooking done which always seems to help me chill out!

This was my week 3 contribution to Scrap Pile's comp. I had a vision in my head about how this layout would look but with a different photo in mind, but when I finally made the window - the photo just didn't work for me so I substituted with this one. I had lots of fun with this playing around with the Tim Holtz Crackle Paint and getting a little creative with some acetate and Stickles. I think Stickles glitter glue has become my new favourite product of choice. So much you can do with it and even just a small amount can make such a difference. Actually since I took these photos I have replaced the foam feathered bird for one I created in my graphics program and printed on photo paper as I wasn't happy with the bulk and couldn't cut him down any further without destroying him.

Anyway - here is "Wonder"









As well as another layout I had sitting on my desk for almost a week waiting for the inspiration to finish it.... The photos were taken back in November when the four of us went to a David Strassman gig in Melbourne. We were walking back to the car park when we came across the Gucci Store. Now Lakeisha does like her name brands... and so having to pass by Gucci without even popping in was painful. Given it was late at night you would expect the store to be closed though!

This one is Gucci Girl....







And another one featuring some negative space for another challenge. These photos were taken last September of Lakeisha & Justin in the back of the car devouring a bucket (yes you read it right - not a bag - a bucket) of fairy floss on the way home from the Royal Melbourne Show. I made the butterfly by creating and colouring it in my graphics program, printing off on photo paper and adding some Stickles for a bit of extra zing. I love the colour of this layout and perfect I thought for the subject.

This one is Fairy Floss....






How am I doing Mel???? Keeping up the posts OK? LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home