Friday, March 07, 2008

Too many Goodbyes

Sadly today I learned of the loss of a great lady who I admired an enormous amount. I have been missing her warmth and her laugh and her incredible depth of passion for many months now since she has been too ill to be at the radio station. In the few months I was priviledged to spend with her, I came to respect her incredible strength and courage, and admire not only her wonderful outlook on life, but also the grace, kindness and generosity she displayed despite her own ill health and suffering. She was truly one of a kind.

I phoned to see how she was on Tuesday and was greeted with her usual upbeat voice telling me the nurses were bathing her and she couldn't talk. I said I would call back later and just never got around to it. I'm so very sorry that I didn't. I tried to call today only to reach her mother who gave me the sad news that she had passed away yesterday. To say I feel devastated by her loss is an understatement. My sympathies lie with her family, especially Bradley her son. And although I know her pain and suffering has ended, I can't help but think the world was a much better place for her presence. I know she would be looking down on this telling me to not be so stupid, and stop crying for her. But to know you was to love you Gabrielle. You are missed, will be missed, and there will never be another quite like you.

R.I.P. Gabrielle.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home