Sunday, August 19, 2007

Meeting Tracey

Oh wow well I've finally met you girl!!!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to actually get to meet up with the lovely TraceyJayne! And thanks to neighbour Rob for making the trip with me - chaperone & designated driver - so it was a really easy night for me. I was so excited I was actually ready to leave almost an hour before we were due to go. I almost phoned Rob at about 2:00 p.m. to say ready whenever you are. But anyway we headed off at about 3:10 (Rob being the one to be fashionably late and not me).

First stop was the city to buy 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme Donuts... one to eat last night and of course one to take home because life wouldn't be worth living if I didn't bring a box home for the Boofcheese! (No Rob I have no idea how Lakeisha got that name....). Actually one of the funniest things for the night was Rob. He doesn't get out much our Rob. Nice guy but happiest with his horses out riding a trail. Not big on the city. But it was a bit like taking a kid to the circus for the first time. You know that wide eyed look.... LOL. Anyway we finally located the store. Rob being Rob decided to park about 2 blocks away and walk back so we had a nice brisk walk back to his car when I finally did get served. At least the line wasn't out the door this time. Lakeisha & I have been known to stand in a line that started a few metres outside the store......

Phoned Tracey to say we were in town. Located the hotel and found a parking spot. Walking up the street and there she was in the window. A scream or two and a huge hug later and there we were. It's funny but I remember thinking about how comfortable it was straight away. I didn't feel any awkwardness at all as you sometimes do when you meet someone for the first time. Goes to show how well you can get to know a person just via the internet but then I suppose it isn't the first time that has happened now - has it Bryon? LOL

Anyway we went up to the room and checked out the view. What a room! Imagine having the Arts Center Spire in your back yard. That was about it. Awesome. So we wandered out to the street and up the road a bit to the Eureka Tower - 88 floors up and windows all round. What an incredible sight and well worth the look. I wish I had taken the time to get to know Lakeisha's camera a little better before I went because the sight was just breathtaking but I didn't get many really good photos unfortunately. From there we wandered along beside the river chatting and then headed off to a restaurant for dinner. Then back to the hotel for a chat and a few drinks. Text messages flying off around the country.... photos via sms.... Ahhh girls what can I say - jealousy is a curse!

But I have to say the funniest part of the evening was Tracey sharing her experience meeting Ditch Davey the night before. Lets just say she being somewhat under the weather didn't believe it was him and kept pestering him all night. I'm not sure the young lady he was with would have been quite so thrilled - but hey - at least you got his autograph!!!!!!! Damn I knew I should have come down there yesterday LOL

Rob dropped me off at home at about 1:30 a.m. Pretty tired but at the same time it was hard to sleep. Had a really fantastic night and I still can't believe we've actually met! I think we girls at SB.com really need to get together. Imagine what a whole group of us could have got up to!!!!! [sigh]

OK here are some of the pictures that were clear enough to post.... I'm off to study the camera instructions for next time.

View from the Hotel balcony
MMMMMMMMMM Krispy Kremes
View looking across to the Tennis Centre from the Skydeck
Tracey SMS to Julie
Us where???  A bottle shop of course LOL

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri B said...

OH I am so envious!!! Sounds like you girls had a blast!!! Love the pic share & I think we need to get this retreat back on the cards.

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to everything Terri said! Glad y ou had a great time...lets get the retreat back on track ASAP!! *Julie*

2:20 pm  
Blogger Kylie said...

Now you guys are real Friends like Alli and I....Its brilliant that you both got to meet face to face....Isn't it amazing feeling. ;D

2:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all look like you had a super time together Maree.And those donuts look to die for.We don't get them up here in Far North Qld.Melissa

1:33 pm  
Blogger Tracey said...

OMG .... I loved meeting you aswell. I am annoyed that I felt so shy a few times .. but it was truely like talking to someone that I speak to everyday , just really comfortable.
Btw i look crap in the photos lmao.. i think that as still the affects of my killer hangover.
Rob is a legend!!!!
Thanks so much for the moment ..
RETREAT HERE WE COME!!!!

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home