Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday Morning musings

Why is it when you need sleep you just can't seem to get it... Good intentions to get sleep last night but woke on a couple of occasions in the wee hours of the morning and gave up around 5:30. Well I guess if nothing else I did get another layout done for Scrap Pile. This one entitled "Lucky Me" which is a kind of contradiction of terms when I'm really just feeling tired and not that lucky right at the moment.









I'm not even sure I really believe in the concept of Luck anyway. The Luck referred to in the LO isn't really luck like constantly having good things happen to you kind of luck. It's more about feeling lucky/grateful/fortunate that I have a relatively good life, good health and some positive things in my world that give me pleasure. I don't think life is about being lucky. When it comes to life I think to a certain degree you create your own luck with the choices you make on a day to day basis. That said, I believe everything happens for a reason, even the bad things, but it's what you do with those experiences, how you choose to react to them and how you allow them to affect your future that is the crucial part of making the most of life.

Someone said to me the other day that the choices I have made in my life at the moment are quite brave and they admired my courage in pursuing them. I've been thinking about that over the past week or so. I don't think it's so much about being brave, but more about not having too many options and taking the path that appeals the most at the time. Most of the time I think the choices I make are made because I think they are the best option all things considered at the time. But then sometimes you are faced with choices that leave you with very few options and I'm sure I've said it before, but often life is more about what you can't live without than what you can live with. For me, life is about being happy and fulfilled. I guess how long I walk along those paths have, and will always be, determined by whether those needs continue to be fulfilled. Right now I spend far too much time alone, and that isn't me and it isn't fulfilling, and I clearly see a need to do something about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home