Thursday, May 03, 2007

What a difference a day makes.

Sometimes life's highs and lows can be so extreme it leaves you wondering whether you've just had some kind of out of body experience. Some days I feel like I'm just a passive observer of my own life. Those are usually the days when things seem to run out of control and I'm left feeling like I'm standing on the sidelines watching the proceedings behind a glass wall. And there isn't a damn thing I can do about it but watch.

Sometimes life does present you with things you can't change, can't help or can't make any difference. The unfortunate part about that, is for someone like me who ALWAYS wants to participate in the solution - that's hard to take. I guess it comes back to that divine advice from the Serenity Prayer - grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Personally I think it should take courage to accept things you can't change as well.... at least from my perspective. But from that wisdom to know the difference, I guess comes my cue to never miss a good opportunity to shut up and just be there and know it's enough.

My day yesterday was filled with somewhat bright moments of seeing my Glamour Girls layout in print in the Scrapbooking Memories issue 8-11 magazine. The funny part about it is that when you buy it from the stores wrapped in plastic it usually comes with a free back issue. It just happened that the back issue that came with mine contained issue 8-8 which was the one that had my very first published layout in there. I've put in a few other submissions so fingers crossed these won't be the last ones deemed worthy of publication.

Things are continuing to slowly move at the station. Although the more I think about the whole breakfast show thing the more I ask myself what I am getting myself into. It will be fun but the early mornings and the threats of embarrassing moments from my co-hosts are enough to scare the hell out of me.... Never mind - stick to the principle that no-one is listening (it's our way of getting over the whole "stage fright" thing as it were) and it shouldn't be a problem. LOL. A photo session today for a promo shot should also be an interesting challenge.

As I write this it's about 5:30 in the morning and outside it's pouring with rain. Hopefully it doesn't set the mood for the day. And on that note perhaps I'll wander back to bed and hope that another hour of sleep might change the pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home