Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Interview

Well what an experience yesterday was. Poor Gabrielle - and her first show back on air as well...... I don't think she had any idea what she was about to experience. We did have lots of laughs though. The interview started with her forgetting to turn on my microphone until Lakeisha came in and said "Mum we can't hear you...." oops. So then of course there were Noel's one liners.... and the less said about them the better. I warned him - 5 one-liners and I pull the microphone cord out of the desk. We gave up counting. LOL

It's funny but I wasn't nervous about it until I got in there..... and then the microphone thing happened. And I must admit I did get a bit embarrassed when the two of them started going on about what a great job I was doing, it was a bit "Can you feel the love tonight..." But it's always nice to know that you are appreciated and the love in this place goes both ways - I LOVE the job and I LOVE the people I'm involved with and I really can't believe how lucky I was to fall into such a wonderful place in the world and in my life. I'm not quite sure where I would be without it and without those special people right now. And so in all, I think the interview went ok and we had fun and that's what community radio is all about, getting involved, having fun, getting the messages out there. At least I know SOMEONE was listening so that's a positive LOL.

And hopefully your connection speed is such that you haven't given up trying to download the music file that really deserves to be playing through your speakers right now. You know ordinarily I'd be one of those smart asses who say "don't give up your day job" to people when they sing in the studio (Bob) or try doing some other thing that really.... well that they clearly have no talent for... yeah harsh I know..... but in this particular case I think giving up your day job when you have this much talent for something else is sound advice... hmmmmm now I sound like Noel.... Sound advice. I am constantly WOW'd by this man's amazing musical abilities. Music has always been something that's close to my heart anyway, because of my upbringing and being surrounded by it so much as a child. I appreciate many different styles of music, but the one thing I appreciate about all of it is talent. The beauty of some music is that it touches you in a way nothing else can. I think this is such a beautiful piece it should be out there, and I hope you enjoy it half as much as I do.

Wednesday already! You've gotta luv the way those long weekends get the week moving along. So much to do this week. So little time left to do it. I need a list. It's going to be a long list.......

cheers
Maree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home