Sunday, March 18, 2007

Dancing Days


Here's a scarey thought. Me doing Highland Dancing. Actually it brings back mixed memories. The journaling on the page says - "So many wonderful memories of P&A shows and dancing to the crowd and the thrill of winning. But there was the sadness of having to stop dancing because of my hip problems." And on the hidden journaling - "Highland Dancing is one of the few things I recall enjoying participating in throughout my childhood. I'm not sure that I was exceptional at it, but there were lots of medals won and I remember, aside from being very nervous at every competition, a real sense of achievement at the end of a good day. In many ways it probably gave me that sense of appreciation for being competitive and doing my best in everything I do. Something I will likely carry with me for the rest of my life."

The two medals hanging from the flower cluster are actually two real medals that I won. The rest of them are stored along with that large brooch hanging off my shoulder, the small one on the cap and the long pin that is on the kilt. Like souvenirs of another life really. I don't still have the kilt. I suspect given the price of the outfits even back then, we sold it when it was clear I would no longer have any use for it. Wonder what it costs to outfit a highland dancer these days.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
cheers
Maree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home