Sunday, October 21, 2007

Interesting day

School reunions I must admit have never really inspired me. I attended one a number of years ago with a friend that was more a battle of ego's with who had done what and so I hadn't really given a lot of thought to attending one of my own. However today was the 30th year get together of my High School Year 10 class of 1977 and even though at lunch time I was still a bit ho hum about whether I would go, I decided to get my act together and do it. And I'm so glad I did. I must admit the turn out was more than I expected with about 30 or so arriving at the school for the get together and tour and probably around 45 arriving at one of the local pubs for dinner.

It really was a very pleasant experience and there were lots of memories and many laughs. I suppose I was one of the lucky ones to have pleasant memories of my school years. I got along with most of the teachers and managed to achieve good grades, but I also had a really nice group of friends. It was so wonderful to catch up with Diane & Roslyn & Liddy (Elizabeth) & Robyn in particular who were 4 of the group I used to hang out with at school. Roslyn I see occasionally in town, but Diane has lived in Melbourne for over 20 years and in that time I've seen her maybe twice, and Liddy & Robyn are now in Panmure & Warrnambool respectively and I don't think I've seen either of them pretty much since we left school.

It's incredible how the memories of so long ago stay with us, and it's funny how even after 30 years you can suddenly be transported back to a time long gone and to a sense of comfort even though it was a lifetime ago. I certainly didn't feel 46 and in fact I felt no real age at all - just the same relaxed ambience I recall feeling with these beautiful ladies way back when we were all just kids, even though we have all gone on to lead such different lives.

I did take my camera, but I didn't take any photos. There were so many cameras there I figure there will be more than enough photos floating around over the next few days. I will post some as soon as I receive them and I think I will probably end up scrapping a layout about the day as well.

Aside from that my week has been a bit of a mix. The 100th Cereal Offenders Breakfast show went to air on Friday and to celebrate we had arranged for everyone to come in that morning - Shane, Julie, Frank & Sue...... I should have been thrilled and celebrating but starting the morning with the studio computer dying, having to rush around while the show was going to air to change computers and get some music up and running was to say the least challenging. 3/4 hour into the show Shane still hadn't arrived so I was really distressed as to what had happened and ended up leaving the show in the hands of Frank & Julie while I went looking for him fearing the worst...... I got 10 minutes out of town and turned on the radio only to find he was in the studio.... and had to turn around and come back. I'm still not sure what happened to Sue only that her husband said she had gone to work....

I'm also currently doing a TAFE course on a Tuesday night. I'm not sure if it was the best idea to take it on right at this time despite the fact that the price was a bargain and all. With everything else going on in my life at the moment, I'm not sure what I was thinking believing that I could cope with the workload, the added pressure or the late night. I just wish my head was clearer and I could focus. I'm not sure that is entirely possible right now.

And on the home front.... well what can I say. Life is so short. We do, I believe, get second chances to see the changes we need to make in our lives. Most of us do actually get indications as to where our lives should progress. Some of us see them. Some of us don't. After all the crap I have had to put up with in my life, I appreciate the importance of making the most of each and every day. I guess that's why I find it difficult to understand why there are people out there who let days / weeks / months slip away without taking the necessary moves to ensure their future is something worth pursuing. Nothing can change the past. But each and every one of us holds the key to the future life we lead. If you never use that key to open the right lock - then the door of opportunity is wasted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Tracey
woz
ere
07
.... glad you had fun at the reunion!!!

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home