Thursday, October 05, 2006

The LSS Experience

This week has been pretty cruisey I guess so far.... I still need a holiday LOL.

First off a huge well done... gee that doesn't even seem to go near enough congratulations.... to Anne O'Keefe on winning Best in Show at the Melbourne Royal with her gorgeous Cocker Tully. I kept checking the emails looking for results on Saturday in between preparing for Sunday's show and I was thrilled to read she won Best Gundog, but when the results came through for Best in Show I was so excited for her. Wishing now I had been there watching as I'm sure it would have been a very emotional day for Anne & Dennis. Well done guys - thoroughly deserved... Their website is at http://www.dogs.net.au/glenayden/ Go give Tully a Cyber Pat via the guestbook!

Sunday, Lakeisha & I had a really nice day at the show in Kyneton. The weather was perfect, gorgeous sunshine and a bit of breeze to keep the temperature just right. We won Best of Breed with Hogan, but didn't go any further. To say the Foxies had a bad day would be a gross understatement... probably better not to mention it LOL. Had a nice day though which is what it's all about.

I did my demonstration at my local Scrapbooking Store (well I'm working on it being more of an LSS..... I've finally got her checking out BasicGrey & others) yesterday. Some lovely ladies and we chatted and looked at LO's and then I did one. I had prepared a bit of stuff, but clearly didn't allow for the chatting and explanations so it took a little longer than I thought to finish but I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.




It was a pic of Lakeisha and her friend Chris - I love the photo because it's just "so both of them". I love the friendship they have because it's based on such a wonderful mutual respect for one another and I really do think regardless of whatever else is going on in their lives, they will always find the time for one another when they need a friend. I guess he's kind of the big brother she never had. If nothing else I am grateful for the watchful eye big brother has! Thanks Chris.

I have a bit of work to do on the scrapbooking classes front. Not sure if the timing is great with Christmas coming up and all, but then again maybe even through the school holidays it could be something interesting to pursue. Anyway we'll take it day by day and see how the interest goes. I'm really looking forward to it though. Just another dimension in scrapbooking. There has been lots of interest in the album Kerry has on display so we'll see.

It's pouring with rain here. Far cry from yesterday when it hit 30 degrees. Today is chilly and wintery. Can't complain as we just haven't had the rain we've needed, at home or at work. Trees are drying up and work projects have been halted - not so good for business.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

cheers

Maree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home