Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Latest Layout

Originally posted to Myspace on September 5th.

I uploaded a new layout to The Scrap Pile last night. It's called Glamour Girls.




It's the first pic I've scrapped of my daughter Lakeisha at her school's Semi Formal, pictured with her friend Bec. Now originally I was quite upset when I saw the pics because they were looking ordinary. There were one or two that were OK, but overall they were a pretty dismal bunch. Nowhere really to take pics at the venue aside from at the door as everyone was going in - great choices for a backdrop - a whole bunch of people walking in the door / a brick wall / an alley-way between two buildings / or the pitch black of night with a few parents watching on..... Yeah good planning LOL.

But I've managed to salvage a couple of photos and to try to get rid of the harsh background I added a few PSP elements to soften everything so I don't think it turned out too bad overall but I was bitterly disappointed that none of the photos will really show how stunning her dress was. It was a pale baby pink and it was covered with beads & sequins... I'm tossing up making an appointment some time with our local professional photographer and have him do some shots so we have pictures that do it justice. Will think on that one. Maybe some of the other mums would be interested too and we could get a group of the girls together and also cut down the initial cost as well.

Regardless of the photographic memories though, I have to say I was so proud of her on the night. She looked stunning and I couldn't be more proud of the woman she is becoming. Now if I could just get her to stop burping, farting and calling everyone "Poohbum" she would almost pass as a lady as well........ Thanks Murray!!!!!!!!!

On a sad note though, I couldn't finish this blog without mentioning how sad I was to hear about Steve Irwin's death. I don't know what it is - I can't say I was even really all that much of a fan of his (I didn't dislike him either that said....) but it really struck me yesterday and I just found myself thinking about him on and off all day and how sad it was for his family. How does Australia replace an incredible icon like Steve? I can't think of a single person who was as enthusiastic, dedicated, optimistic, and genuine as he was and I can't begin to imagine the huge hole that is now in the hearts of Terri, Bindi & Bob. The fact that the world loved him so thankfully will ensure his legacy lives on.




I created this layout as a challenge for the Scrap Pile Cyber Crop - Thanks Michelle for a fantastic challenge on the weekend. It doubles as my tribute to Steve.... Thank you Steve for the laughs and for showing Australia to the world. RIP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home