Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Design Team at Scrap Pile

Originally posted September 5th at Myspace....

Of course I am really excited about being a part of the Design Team at THE SCRAP PILE and as a part of my application to be a member I created a new layout which hadn't been uploaded anywhere else. It's called DANCE WITH ME. I absolutely love it and I think it's up there with the best I've done so far. So thrilled that this DT involvement has really made me raise the bar of my own expectations - never mind what anyone else might be expecting of me.




And lots happening at Scrap Pile over the next few months. I have posted my very first challenge as a DT member. A sketch challenge. I designed the LO myself, thought I would start with something similar. Will work on getting my LO done & uploaded as soon as I can. I'm looking forward to receiving my first package from Cass and playing around with it. I really need to get some things organised so I have a clear start on it. It's hard to get my head around this because it's the first time I have ever done anything like this. But the girls are really nice and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from them all in the time I have. So if you haven't already joined up - please come and give it a look. I think one of the things I like best about it is that unlike some of the other sites I've been involved with, there isn't any of that clicky elitist girls club thing happening and the owner Cass is really trying her best to make it a fair and fun place to scrap.

I spent the last couple of days not so much on scrapbooking but also trying to get the belated fathers day gift done for my dad. Going back to 2004 I organised a get together for him for his 80th Birthday.... it's a long story but he used to teach and play the guitar and sing - mostly country & western. I think he taught most of Colac and their sons & daughters to play. I remember him having the classes when I was a kid. So I got a group of his friends and ex-students together and it was a fantastic day. Allbeit that in the beginning I had to almost drag him there (it took me weeks to actually talk him around to the whole idea in the first place!!!!!) but he had a fantastic day and even got up on stage himself and sang. It's a precious memory I won't ever forget and I thought it was something really wonderful for Lakeisha to know just how much he is loved and appreciated by so many people who feel they owe him so much for what he shared and taught them.

Anyway I digress.... we took lots of photos on the day and so I made up a DVD of a slideshow of all the photos, plus throughout the DVD I've added for background music a couple of the songs he recorded for me as well as a couple of songs recorded by two of his ex-students who are also close family friends. He hasn't seen it yet, I only finished it tonight and finally copied it to a DVD... tomorrow he'll get to take a look at it. I think it runs for about 12-13 minutes. Mum & I previewed it tonight and I'm really pleased with the way it came up. Hopefully..... well no actually I know he'll love it - even if it is a couple of days late. Thankfully I got the glitches ironed out in the end. My computer was groaning I think at the stress of the large files LOL.

Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home