Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All done

We had a huge day today shopping in Geelong for the last few gifts we needed but thankfully now the shopping is done and we can settle down and look forward to the big day.

At the moment though there are so many mixed emotions. While wrapping all the gifts tonight I opened the box that contained all the ribbon I use each year to make them all look pretty only to come across some of the hand made tags I had kept from last year, one in particular which was written out to Dad for one of his gifts. It hit me harder than I had anticipated and that took me a little by surprise. It's not that I don't still think of him every single day anyway, but the thought of him not being there for something as important as Christmas is really still not quite making a lot of sense. I know I'm not the only one going through this, but it's a first for me and I can't say it's a whole lot of fun right now.

As much as it is painful, life goes on and we will make the most of the day. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone open their gifts and hope they get as much pleasure from them as I have had in selecting & wrapping them. But no matter what the day holds, there will be one thing missing that we can never replace.... Wishing you were with us Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

HUgs Darlin...he will be there with you, just in spirit.Like my Dadddy.As long as he is always in your heart and thoughts, he will be with you..xxoo

11:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home