Saturday, February 21, 2009

Surviving in the jungle.

Sometimes life really can be a jungle. All creatures great and small competing for their niche in the woods. Mother nature has a nice way of evening things out in the end though and usually what goes around comes around. The creatures that take more than their fair share usually end up getting their just desserts. At least that's what the optimistic part of me keeps telling me.

A disappointing episode yesterday which counted for nothing more than cutting me out completely from what should have been a pleasant event focused on a third party simply became the straw that broke the camels back. As long as I live, I will never understand (and frankly I hope never TO understand...) what makes some people act in such a petty way towards another person. Over the years I have worked with many people I did not particularly like - but they were there to do a job and so was I and I always endeavoured to put my personal opinion aside and get that job done. I would hope there were not too many occasions that I allowed myself to be anything but professional at those times which called for professionalism. It's a little more than I can say for some others.

In the end I had my day, getting to share a meal with said 3rd party, in a much smaller, more friendly and intimate gathering. A small group from work had a meal, a few drinks and lots of laughs. It was a nice evening and a bit of a change of pace for me.

It's been a tough week & a half with Shane so far away in India. And while we've had many phone and internet conversations in that time, there has been such a sense of a huge part of my life missing. It has also evidently been a journey of self discovery for him, and in so many ways I am now grateful for the decision not to go with him. I don't know about the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" saying, but you truly do get some perspective on the important things in your life when you don't have them around. This is very important. I have always known that, but for one who has been absent of feeling much of anything for many years - it's nice to feel those heart strings tugging and the mere thought of seeing him again Monday night literally brings tears to my eyes now.

I have a new layout which I managed to finish this morning, the first of the photos I've been game to attempt to scrap from his trip. There are some lovely photos and no doubt some wonderful memories he will have to share next week.... I just hope I've done this one justice in my art.


I want to acknowledge the lovely Gabrielle Pollacco who work continues to inspire me with my own scrapbooking. I feel almost guilty copying the torn edges with the contrasting paper behind them, because she does such exquisite work with hers and I am sure I have a lot more practise to do before mine will look anywhere near as beautiful.... Thank you Gabi for continuing to share your talent and your tips with us all. You can see Gabi's incredible work by viewing her blog - proudly listed in my favourite blog sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home