Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Has it been a week?

I find it incredible lately that time flies so fast. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's almost the end of the year or the fact that I'm working full time.... but something is conspiring against me to ensure the days simply run into one another.

We had the most wonderful weekend in Sydney, Shane and I. It was truly one of those spur of the moment decisions to do something somewhat wild and crazy but I have to say in doing these things, I realize not only how lucky I am to have this man at my side, but also how wonderful it is to be alive. Did I happen to mention lately how lucky I am to have this man at my side???????

Having met Wayne & Jodie via the Facebook program "YoVille" some months back, we decided virtually on the spur of the moment to make a trip to Sydney to meet them. One night we made a phone call to chat with them and said "Hey guys - you arrange the party and we'll bring the music" and the next thing you know we are in Albion Park for the weekend. If I might say so - despite my somewhat biased opinion - Grumpo was spectacular. If you haven't heard his music (given it's rarely featured - nay never - on my blog) you can go HERE to listen to it. The thing which never ceases to amaze me is the diverse age group this wonderful music appeals to.

A very early morning flight to Sydney, Breakfast at Circular Quay, a subsequent walk and a very leisurely train ride south to Albion Park was just the start of a memorable weekend. I had to laugh when on the way there Shane raised the concern of what were we thinking going to stay with a couple we had never met before - something along the lines of Axe Murderers etc... But it's funny, I think Wayne and Jodie were exactly as I had imagined them to be. Two very lovely genuine people who certainly know how to entertain. Here are a few images from the weekend.













And YES the sky WAS THAT blue................

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Wow, what a great time you both had, and no AXE MURDERERS at all....that's a relief.Grumpo, love that name, but I think I will stick with Shaney PooPooPoo....sorry...Lmao...I know, you feel like kicking me up the Ass right now..haha...lucky I live so far away..heehee.Love to you both and to Lakeisha

3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home