Sunday, February 15, 2009

Missing pieces

You know what they say - you don't know what you've got until it's gone. I'm not sure I would ever underestimate (or take for granted) what I have, but the part that's gone right now is being missed a lot. Sunday morning - no sleep in, no snuggling, no I Love You, oh my god and NO PANCAKES.... LOL I have to tell you - that man makes the BEST pancakes. Yesterday I was missing our Saturday morning stroll, this morning it's the pancakes. I realise now this means not only will I have to miss out on this next weekend as well - but I will have to cook dinner on Thursday night as well..... Life as we know it has ceased to exist for 12 days!

But seriously.... it makes me appreciate all the more the little things that occur day to day and I am counting down the days until he is home with us again.

On the up side I have finally finished my monthly quota for cards due to be mailed - this one will I think be for Shane's mum Nance for her Birthday next week. I hope she'll like it - I think it's one of my all time favourites.






A phone call from Paul brightened up the morning some. Hopefully we'll get up to see him next weekend. I'm so relieved he's doing OK. It's great to see him but nothing will compare to having him back home and sharing a meal with us again. That I am looking forward to.

Hanging out to hear from Shane and all the news of the wedding. A late night text message just perked up the curiosity a little about how things went. But I guess with the first leg of the official stuff out of the way, the adventure begins for him as he "goes tourist". So wishing I was there to share it with him... another time no doubt.

Off to love the house for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kylie Liston said...

Gorgeous cards Maree :-)

3:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home