Sunday, June 13, 2010

And it's been a while...

WOW I knew it had been a while since I had blogged but I had no idea it was quite that long. And so much has transpired in those weeks it makes my head spin. Shane and I have moved into the house at Barongarook. There are things I really love about this house and things I will miss about the house at Forrest. But it's important to look to the future and not dwell on the past and I think this will be a really positive move for both of us. There are no absolute plans about staying or leaving here at this stage but I think it will be a good opportunity for us both to work towards the things we want for the future without having to worry about where our home base will be.

I'm not sure Hogan is thrilled with his new location since he no longer has the luxury of sitting in his pen staring at me through the window. But the four legged kids seem to have settled in just fine and are happy enough in their new home.

The experience has reaffirmed my intense dislike of moving house. I will never understand why people readily do this on a regular basis. I really struggle with the disruption and disorganisation of daily life. However I'm really pleased with how our new home is coming along - allbeit a fairly slow process. My sleepless nights are slowly starting to abate. And there is a warmth to this house that, for me, has been present since the first day I stepped through the door to inspect it.

This morning I was awake before dawn and was sitting at the computer as the light revealed the yard below me. Unlike many mornings I remember here, there were no Kangaroos grazing on the back lawn, and it was an unimpressive sunrise to start the day, but I was reminded of so many other mornings where the view from the window revealed some eye catching events.

But it's very different this time. The family dynamics have changed to such an enormous degree. My life is so very different from the past lives that have been endured here. And while I miss my gorgeous daughter more than I can express with any words that come to mind, life is so incredibly different and overwhelming and warm and loving and encouraging and understanding and supportive that it's hard to even recall at times what those other past lives were truly like. And I don't understand why anyone would choose to live a life that was anything less than this one (including me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home