Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My new project.

Anyone who has been to visit our home over the past few weeks (read months) will attest to the fact that there has been a clock sitting there for quite a long period of time now. I can't remember when I bought it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I have been walking past it, looking at it, and waiting for some inspiration to hit me as to what to do with it. The sheer size of the thing was a little daunting to begin with given it's about 60cm wide. Not your average scrapbooking project.

But then the other night as I was lying awake at about 3:00 am (as happens from time to time) I had a picture idea pop into my mind and I really liked the idea. It is still a vivid picture in my mind and so I've started the process. As is usually the case though - the picture in my mind rarely ends up being the finished product as the project has a way of developing a mind of it's own and taking itself where it's meant to be, not always where I expect it to be. I guess that's called art and the moment you try to steer it, it seems to lose a great deal in it's appeal.

And so as Clock and I commence our journey together, I thought it would be an interesting idea to share it with you too, through photos of the process. None of us really know how this journey will end and for me that's the exciting part. I've created a "slide" show which will be permanently in the right hand column of this blog to show the progress Clock and I are making. I hope you enjoy our journey too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Dolbel said...

Oh My Goodness, what a huge project!! I really CAN NOT wait to see what it turnes out like!!
Funny thing, there is one of these sitting in a gift shop here and i have looked at it from time to time thinking, surely there must be something i cant do to that.... So waiting with anticipation for the end result!!

9:05 am  
Blogger Sandra said...

wowsers!! What a project. Good luck with it - can't wait to see how it looks in the end.

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home