Tuesday, September 19, 2006

They Must Be What?????

Originally this was posted on August 30th at Myspace.... OK so I changed my mind and moved back to Blogger because I didn't like the options for the look of the page at Myspace! Fussy I know.

Now you might ask - what the????? But I need to explain. My first love (yes pre scrapbooking) is and probably always will be my beautiful American Cocker Spaniels of which I've had since 1977 (and you can see at www.merriyank.com).




It's a love affair that's endured 5 engagements, 4 marriages, 3 divorces and lets not dwell on how many men in total LOL. I have been breeding and showing dogs since 1977 - well no let me be more specific - I've been breeding and showing American Cocker Spaniels since 1977. As a registered breeder I breed to a written standard for the breed, and in that written standard in the very opening paragraph - it states "Above all they must be free and merry". Hence was the birth in 1977 of our kennel prefix - Merriyank - in the "above all they must be merry" train of thought.

When I first started scrapbooking in March of 2006, I came across the http://www.scrapbook.com/ website and I have to say that it has been the website that gave me the inspiration and probably the courage as well to really get "into" scrapbooking. I have spent since that first day, so many hours pouring over the endless incredible layouts from people around the world who have in turn inspired so many of the ideas and techniques I now use in my own endeavours. I have learned so much but yet still have so much to learn. There are so many who's ability I hold as my "guru" of inspiration. I truly believe that in anything scrapbooking you are limited only by your imagination. But for me it has been such a rewarding thing to get involved in.

This year for me has been a mixture of highs and lows. I guess that isn't much different for most people, but around the time I began scrapbooking, I had found a breast lump. To be honest I am not really sure what came first but I can now clearly see that much of the "urge" I had for scrapbooking came from an inner fear of what lay ahead. I think I have come to terms with that now.... and as I wait for the results of the test I should have had months ago, I think I am strangely much more at ease with everything in my life. I am prepared for the best and /or the worst and I know that no matter what the future holds, I am happy with where and who I am and maybe have a much greater perspective on my life than perhaps I have ever had.

I would like to share with you the greatest achievement in my life - my daughter Lakeisha. This is a Challenge Layout I did called "So My Daughter". It was meant to be a one hour challenge but it kind of turned into a one and a half hour challenge LOL.




She is just the most important thing in my life and my greatest source of pride and love. At 15 I am truly proud of the person she has grown to be and although there are times when I am afraid for her, I am also very excited and hopeful for her future. It's so hard to see them grow so quickly but I have so much faith in the knowledge that she is a great kid who has intelligence and passion and I know she will achieve some wonderful things in her life.

And my life is not complete without my gorgeous husband Murray. I think this is one of my favourite pictures of him - serious and thoughtful - the Murray we know and love.





I also did another layout which the caption read - "We may not have it all together - but together we have it all".



That's really about how I think of our relationship. It has been a challenge for both of us for various reasons to get to where we are, but at the end of the day I think we are good for one another, we make a good team in business as well as personally, and there is something special about the way he makes me feel about myself.

Hmmm well that's it for blogging for me. God knows if anyone out there will actually read this. But if you are, and I make you feel even remotely human for a moment.... then this can't be a bad thing............ can it?????????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home