Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mixed Emotions

Originally posted at Myspace on September 1st.

Well it's been a weird week. Kind of up and down. But the two crucial events for the week couldn't be more opposite of one another.



Yesterday we said goodbye to Mandie our 15 year old English Springer Spaniel. She has had a good life with pretty good health all the way through if you don't count the time way back in 1995 when she broke her leg. She recovered from that ordeal though and went on to continue to be a showdog and a mother, and I guess the biggest claim to fame she had as a showdog would be that she won Best Gundog in Show at the 1995 Sydney Royal Easter Show - beating almost 1000 other dogs in the process. But what we remember most about her was her loving personality and the annoying way she used to be pushy for her nightly cookie. How I wish now that she was still here to annoy me.

We will miss you so much Mandie.
RIP
16th July, 1991 - 31st August, 2006

But then today came some exciting news that I had been accepted into the new Design Team for The Scrap Pile . I've never been on a DT before so this will be a new experience, but I am certainly looking forward to both the challenging side and the enjoyment side. Hopefully I can fulfill the faith that Cass has put in me by selecting me. I'll be giving it my best shot anyway.

Well Lakeisha's school ball is tonight and there is heaps to get done in preparation for that and the weekend.....

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home